Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Hair Accessories on Etsy

When I was lucky enough to have grand girls  enter my life, my sons knew I would enjoy the chance to buy ruffles and bows. It is a very different world from the testosterone life of raising boys with bugs and mud.

Recently the Crafter's group from school decided we could make money for the nurses KIN (Kids in Need) fund. We got supplies and put together ribbons and flowers and feathers for hair clips and headbands. We sold them to our middle school girls and sold out. We met again Tuesday and made more. The girls even submitted drawings of designs they would like us to make. All of the money goes to a fund to help kids who need  eye glasses , prescriptions etc. when the families cannot afford it.

This all reminded me that a year ago I made crocheted flower barrettes for my grandgirls, so I dug out some of the flowers I made back then and I am putting them on my etsy site for sale. I taught myself how to crochet these by watching you tube. I think there is a market for these if I keep the prices reasonable and the buyer uses my free shipping coupon.

I hope you will follow my adventure branching out into hair accessories. Try some yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment